IN-PLAY SPORTS LIMITED (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is IN-PLAY SPORTS LIMITED of Suite 8 Prime Business Centre, Millfield Industrial Estate, Bentley, Doncaster, DN5 0SJ.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Scott Hazard.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website(s) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website(s), subscribe to our service, search for a product or service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website(s), enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with any one of our Website(s). The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website(s) we may automatically collect the following information:
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use more than one of the Websites that we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on a particular site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We may use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website(s). They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website(s), use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website(s) when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website(s) works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website(s). This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Website(s), the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website(s) and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and / or services we feel may interest you. Selected third parties will include but not be limited to those as set out in the selection below titled ‘Disclosure Of Your Information’. We will only permit selected third parties to use your data and to contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on any form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Website(s) are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website(s) and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website(s) to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website(s) safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website(s) about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If IN-PLAY SPORTS LIMITED or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website(s); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Suite 8 Prime Business Centre, Millfield Industrial Estate, Bentley, Doncaster, DN5 0SJ or by email email@example.com.
Our Website(s) may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Linking to our websites
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. However, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Website(s) in any website that is not owned by you. Our Website(s) must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to our privacy and cookies policy
Any changes we make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Do not rely on information on our website(s)
The content on our Website(s) is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website(s), we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the content on our Website(s) is accurate, complete or up to date.